Thursday, March 29, 2012

Down

I am a person who seldom fall sick BUT if I ever fall sick, I can be very sick. Recently was rare - not the seriousness but the duration.

Towards the end of Term1 which is like three-four weeks ago, I was unwell and feverish. Then just one-two weeks later, I was feeling feverish again but this time shorter.

And this week, I’m down again, with cough + flu which in the end led to lost of voice. This is another rare … I lost my voice!

My voice was already in the stage of “MIA” two days ago. But as was teaching thus there no way for me to rest my throat. Was joking with my children that it is quite impossible for teachers not to talk. Probably excessive talking + raising of voice, my voice almost “MIA” yesterday.

The teaching was tough cause as I talked with difficulties and sounded weird. There was once the moment I opened my mouth to talk, the children and even myself burst out laughing cause it sounded very funny. Haha!


But I thank God for these two days the children were cooperating and had pity on their teacher, especially the 2nd session. They would remind their friends to keep quiet and one of them even volunteered to be my voice so playfully I whispered to her while she made the instruction out for me.

I had the children to pray for me before they left yesterday.

And today when they first heard my voice, one of them commented that I have voice already. Told them God heard their prayers.

Went to the Dr yesterday cause wanted antibiotic.
Was given mc to rest my throat but after little consideration, I decided not to take and still went ahead to school. Partly also cause I feel ok, not tired/weak, just voice-MIA.

Which this I find it pretty “interesting” too - in my early teaching days, whenever I’m sick, I would very much love to get mc. If Dr wants to give me me one day, I asked for two and freely enjoy it. But this time when I’m asked by the Dr whether I need mc, I replied no (though in the end he gave, just in case).


Is the children? Is the responsibilities?
Is worried that Plan B will have to take place if I’m not around?

Didn’t hand over properly the day before?

Still having cough and flu but thank God in the road to full recovery. Voice much better.

Was so touched by Principal’s gesture. Both yesterday and today she got me to take her expensive honey. Today I was shocked! I was already out for assembly, she PERSONALLY took the bottle of honey and a plastic spoon out to me and had me to eat.

Speedy and complete healing for Miss Lim!

No comments: