Thursday, March 01, 2012

SPARK Journey

SPARK
Singapore Pre-school Accreditation Framework
The Singapore Pre-school Accreditation Framework (SPARK) is a quality assurance framework introduced by the Ministry of Education to raise the quality of pre-schools in Singapore.

Our school get to know about this 3years ago.
There were preparation, checks, changes etc etc during the 3yrs of wait. We even went through one round of “trial”.

The final preparation started 6mths ago.
It went intense, real intense weeks prior to our actual assessment, 28 and 29 Feb.

Other than the staying-back and increased of work loads, I felt stretch emotionally and mentally as on top of the “usual work loads”, I had to manage the “new work loads” that came due to SPARK.
Cause of its intense, it was draining emotionally and physically.

After the crucial Safety & Hygiene (that was the extreme clean-up I ever done in school setting), we went next for the actual assessment.


28 Feb & 29 Feb
2 assessors came and stayed for the entire day

They took turns and went to the different classes to observe the different teachers conducted the different lesson.

On the first day, I was observed by one assessor for Science then by another for Language & Literacy. During Science experiment, I thank God for the wisdom to react fast that since there were much time left, I got them to do reflection-writing.

It was alright during Language & Literacy, one of the “flipped parts” was one of the little ones asked me “who is that aunty (aka assessor) behind?”

As for the second day, I was observed by two for Numeracy then by one for Current Issues.
My little ones almost gave me a shock during Numeracy lesson where one of them actually decided to give me a "challenge" by doing things he/she seldom do.

Though the whole class were overly super excited during the games BUT thank God they were under controlled when I was firm… just before they go wild.

Finally… Finally… It is FINISHED!!!


Results will only be out 1-2mths later but according to P, most probably we will pass so is only a matter of at which level and where our school stand.

Through this amazing journey, I learn to appreciate Principal and the pioneer staff as they are the ones who worked on this right from the beginning.

No comments: