Friday, January 14, 2011

@@!

It was “physical shock” last school week.
As mentioned earlier - being with the older children for many years, need to make some "personal adjustment” when switched to working with the younger ones. It can be quite physical demanding as there are couple of things we got to help them, unlike the K2 who are more independent.


Few examples are like toileting - for K2, probably I only need to stand aside to monitor but for the younger ones, Miss Lim got to help some pull down/pull up their underwear/shorts, to carry some up the toilet bowl, to on the tap for some and to carry some.

Queue up! It can be a “nightmare” in the beginning. Putting aside counting on them to find their own partner, another would be to get them walk behind each pair. But it can be quite fun to see - just when you got Pair A into the line, Pair B wandered off, when you catch hold of Pair B, Pair A and Pair C gone then Pair D separated! Haha! Of course for the K2, I only need to give the command, stand aside and wait for them to get into their line.

Back in class - as they have shorter attention span thus to get them to pay attention can be challenging too. Teacher A is quite particular to get the children to sit accordingly on the floor but 9 out of 10times the children sat wrongly.
There was once Teacher A wanted this Little Child Z to sit back to her place, she called and called but there was slow/no movement so then I went over to carry her over. Haha!
Was joking with my colleague that by the time the children stand up and move, I think it be faster to carry them over.


And then it was a “culture shock” this week.

What shocked me was the "inconsistency" in the class. I shall not reveal much. But I guess I am just a temporary Assistant Teacher thus for now, I just got to be quiet and work. Have no "rights" to make any noise. =)

No comments: