Friday, January 07, 2011

NEW journey

NEW school year… NEW school term… NEW role…
NEW responsibilities… NEW challenges


4 Jan - the day Miss Lim’s NEW journey started

Was overwhelmed by the welcome full of warmth and love from different colleagues.


Double joy - saw my mentor!!!
Just the day before school reopens, I was still thinking that “life in LSK is going to be different w/o her around” but thank God she decided to stay on (at least for now).


Week 1 - Orientation Week for Nursery to K2



Was assigned to help at one of the nursery classes.
Having to work with the older children for many years, it is really nice and fun to work with the younger ones… though it can be quite challenging for the start, especially being the first week of school.

Just the first three days, I encountered “vomit on my pants”, mucus and tears on my sleeves… Haha! Not forgetting - hands muscles were strengthen cause of carrying.

But there was great joy when you see the different crying child settled. Different strategy for different!

It can be quite interesting to be with them.
e.g I managed to quiet down Little Child M after a massive cry. He was ok when I brought him back to class. Just when he sat down, one of his friends who sat diagonally opposite him started crying then when I turned and looked at Little Child M, could see that he was actually trying, trying very hard to control not to cry. But the next thing you know it, Little Child M burst into tears! Haha!

e.g Another was Little Child T… quite similar to Little Child M. He was all ok until someone near him started crying. But unlike Little Child M who burst into tears, there flowed down one drop of tears. Awww...

On the third day of school, I felt so proud of myself when I managed to quiet down Little Child R who cried “massively” and eventually brought her back to class and even get her to do her work!

Haha!
Is not easy job ok - haha - just like how it pains the parents’ heart to see their child cry so badly … it also pains the teachers’ heart as we take them away.

Looking forward to Week 2
… the week where the Pre Nursery children arrive.

No comments: