Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Choice A or Choice B (2) - It hurts!

During first week of Dec-holiday, I felt lost after principal announced the level the teachers will be teaching in 2011 as it doesn’t involve me.

There was a moment where I was working alone in the office, my eyes went teary when I found myself not in the classroom or even not in any level meeting.

The days get tougher when thoughts of “not able to teach in 2011” flooded my mind.
This explained one fb status [enjoyed every moment of “you” when I first encountered “you” years ago. It makes me -_- knowing I may have to stop the moment of “you” for a moment]
… that “you” = teaching.


Sound dramatic? But.. But.. I love my job!
Ever since I started teaching years ago, I have never stop teaching…
Even when I went through courses like CPT/DPT, I have never take a break in teaching…
Even when I’m physically or mentally tired, I have never give up teaching…

Seem easy to take a break from teaching and can actually take it as an opportunity to rest but I guess to me is pretty sad especially in the recent years where I found great joy and fulfillment.

Though SOT is only 6mths but due to my availability, I would have to stop teaching for a year and even being a form teacher to have ownership of class. =(

Shared with one of my colleagues that 2011-LSK-days will not be easy for me, probably at least for the start … though beside being in the office, I may be able to go back to class to be assist as Assistant Teacher/Reading Teacher or even in any case stand in to teach but… but… but the feeling would be different. =(

Just before we were release for our “official holiday”, I had another talk with principal.
It was really a WORD in SEASON … she eased my anxiety and fears.
Know it may not be easy but I know God will see me through!

No comments: